Nice - Cote d'Azur - Events and Exhibitions
• Luna Park - A great amusement park (exhibition hall and Esplanade de Lattre de Tassigny).
• New Year's Concert (Acropolis).
• CARNIVAL and flower processions - Carnival is the leading event of the winter season on the French Riviera - Carnival parades (daytime and evenings).
- Carnival and "Mardi Gras" parades and Flower processions (Promenade des Anglais).
- Closing parade, bonfire and fireworks (Promenade des Anglais).
• Nice International Trade Fair. (Palais des Expositions, esplanade de Lattre de Tassigny - Port).
• Finish of the Paris-Nice Cycle Race (Promenade des Anglais.
• Concerts (Acropolis).
• Nice Boat Show.
• Festin des Cougourdons. A traditional festival with local folklore and decorated "cougourdons" which takes place every spring. The interesting shapes of these gourds grown in the area, lend themselves to a wide variety of interpretations ...
• Printemps des Poètes
• Regattas in Baie des Anges
• Rallye de Tunisie.
• Easter Egg-hunt (Parc Floral Phœnix).
• Printemps des Musées
• Nice International Semi-Marathon
• La Fête des Mai -This traditional family fête is held on all Sundays and holidays in May. Music, picnics and folk dancing brighten up the gardens and the Amphitheatre of Cimiez.
• Regattas (Port, Baie des Anges)
• Nice en Roller
• Sacred Music Festival (Churches in the old town).
• Fête de la musique, free concerts throughout the city.
• Salon du Livre (Book fair) (Jardin Albert 1er).
• Fête de la Mer - Every year the fishermen of Nice celebrate Saint Peter's day. The festivities open with mass in the Gesù church, followed by a processsion all the way to Les Ponchettes beach (in front of old Nice) where a boat is burned in honour of their patron saint.
• Nice International Triathlon- Ironman
• Salon Bionazur (natural and organic products show (Théâtre de Verdure)
• National Heritage Day
• Voucalia, Festival of Mediterranean Polyphony and Traditional Music .
• Nice Jazz Festival - The Nice Jazz Festival is a subtle stroll in which the soul of the past blends beautifully with more turbulent new technologies. Concerts are held in the amphitheatre and gardens of Cimiez from 7pm till midnight with the most prestigious musicians playing on theree stages. An "alternative" festival in the city's various neighbourhoods accompanies the event in the mornings and afternoons until 6pm.
• Nuits Musicales de Nice / International Academy of Summer Music -Concerts in the Cloister of the Cimiez Monastery.
• Musicalia (Théâtre de Verdure) - Mediterranean and world music : free concerts on Wednesday and Saturday evenings.
• Bastille Day Celebration (14/07) - Fireworks Promenade des Anglais - Grand ball.
• International Open Summer Chess Tournament.
• Ball for the Libération of Nice (Place Masséna).
• Nuits Musicales de Nice / International Academy of Summer Music - concerts in the Cloisters of the Cimiez Monastery.
• Musicalia (Promenade des Anglais / Théâtre de Verdure).
• Fête du patrimoine (heritage days)
• Fête de la San Bertoumieu - Grand market for tradtional arts and crafts (Old Nice)
• Fête patronale de la Ville de Nice Sainte Réparate - (Old-Nice).
• Halloween celebrations around the city
• "Sadeca" furniture and decoration fair (Acropolis - Expositions).
• Festival Manca - Festival of contemporary music
• Challenge de Lutte Henri Deglane
• Cap Cyber Multimedia Show.
- Christmas Village : located on Place Massena, it offers many stands with local arts and crafts, for original gift ideas.
- Skating rink, attractions and amusements await young and old (Espace Massena Jardin Albert 1er.
• Bain de Noël - Christmas dip in the Baie des Anges !
• Rowing across the Baie des Anges
• Lou Présépi - Live nativity scene (Place Rosetti, Old Nice
• Sailing : International Star Regatta.
Programme subject to modification during the course of the year.
Year round… Theatre, concert, opera, ballet, variety shows, galas, exhibitions… Permanent and temporary exhibitions in the Museums of Nice.
You will find while clicking on the following link all the demonstrations and events which take place throughout the year in Nice.
Information provided by the Tourist office of Nice Cote d'Azur