Cannes places of interest
Cannes is one of the world’s most prestigious cities. Truly a haven of prosperity, security and quality of life, it has not usurped its legendary reputation as a city where life is wonderful. The splendid surroundings, the mosaic of authentic neighbourhoods , the luxurious setting, services of exceptional quality: everything contributes to making Cannes the ideal destination for those with an epicurean view of life.
With its exceptional sunshine, its luxury hotels , excellent restaurants, colourful casinos, historic city centre, sandy beaches and magnificent bay, Cannes has all the features and assets envied by seaside and tourist resorts all over the world. The city boasts 280 restaurants (one of which has been awarded Michelin ’stars’: Palme d’Or**), 3 casinos, 700 shops with all the great prestige brands and 10 discotheques.
It’s in the old town and its famous Suquet that we advise you to begin your visit to Cannes. You can get here from various directions by following the gently sloping lanes intersected by picturesque stairways where the pedestrian is king.
Things to see
The ramparts, musée de la Castre, square tower and the religious buildings. An exceptional view point over the town, port, Croisette, Iles de Lérins and over a large part of the bay of Cannes. On foot from the old town, the soul of Cannes, the Forville market and its ring of food shops (butchers, delicatessens, fishmongers bakers, wine merchants, etc.) will allow you to discover one of the aspects of a town eternally famous for its shopping. You will also enjoy the exceptional geographical location of Cannes which is ideal for short excursions to Grasse, Mougins and Antibes.
Cannes by foot
Cannes has the advantage of being a town which can be explored entirely on foot. The hotels, historic centre and famous Croisette are all close to each other. To this end, we invite you to download the map for the pedestrian tour of the town of Cannes.
Download Cannes pedestrian map
- Forville Market (fruit – vegetables – flowers – fish) open daily from 7am to 1pm except Mondays
- Gambetta Market (Clothes – Various items) open daily from 7am to 1pm except Mondays
- La Bocca Market Place Paul Roubaub (Fruit – Vegetables) daily from 7am to 12.30pm except Mondays
- La Bocca Market Place Paul Roubaub (Clothes - Fruit – Vegetables) open evens Saturday from 7am to 12.30pm
- Allées Flower Market open daily
- Bygone Times Market, Place de l’Etang, open every Friday from 8am to 7pm
- The arts and crafts market, les Allées de la Liberté open Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 6pm
- Antiques – Second-hand goods, Forville Market open every Monday from 8am to 6pm
Discover the richness of Cannes’ culture and history with guided tours of Musée de la Castre and Musée de la Mer, Espace Miramar and la Malmaison and introduce yourself to the visual arts workshops